emily-ish exposure

Life moments...
from the unsuccessful blogger.

Thursday, October 26

haze & clear skies.

on my way to work on the company bus today, i was thanking God for these last few haze-less days. i was reminded of a sunday a few weeks back (the sunday i puked myself sick) when i'd awoken to clear blue skies when just the night before, the PSI had hit 150. that night, i'd asked God to send a storm to wash the haze byebye. the storm didn't come. but the haze was gone sunday morning.

then i realised. how silly.
God doesn't need to send a storm to wash the haze away.
He needs only to think about it.
in fact, He can do it any way He wants.

and from within my spirit arose praise to God, who is far more than i can ever imagine Him to be.

i'm fully secure and perfectly blessed in the hands of One whose ways are so much higher than my own, whose intelligence is infinitely greater and whose purposes are abundantly perfect.

i belong to the Creator of the universe.
what more can i say?


period.

- - - - - - - - - -

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
for to you I lift up my soul.

Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God;
may your good Spirit
lead me on level ground.

Psalm 143:8,10

the morning's devotion simply sung the song that was already within my heart. the morning had indeed brought me word of His unfailing love, as i reflected on haze, clear skies and my sovereign King.

and as my heart was burdened for someone i care for, and as it is a situation for which i know little way forward (read: clueless.) but only to pray and wait, the verses really spoke to me. He will open the way forward. He will lead me. He will.

for i have put my trust in You.
for to You i lift up my soul.
for You are my God.


period.

2 Comments:

Blogger cheryl said...

I just sang the song "I'm Your Beloved" this mornings. Indeed, we belong to our Creator... Thank God for the clear skies! Never realised how blessed we were in the past. :)

2:29 PM  
Blogger ArkAngel said...

You know, somehow, I just get this feeling that getting intellectual stimulation from my site isn't exactly a good idea... haha

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home