emily-ish exposure

Life moments...
from the unsuccessful blogger.

Tuesday, June 12

unfailing love

on the way to the mrt station in my dad's car this morning, i spotted perhaps the biggest, widest rainbow i've ever seen. after wildly proclaiming my discovery to my parents, it was most interesting watching their reaction.

'where?'

all eyes instinctively and instantaneously shot to the skies.

'cannot see leh.' or something along those lines.

thankfully, papa had one eye on the road.


and so, i trotted with glee to the mrt platform after being dropped off. i came face to face with the most amazing view of a rainbow one could have (or at least, i have ever had). it was surreal, as i took in the sight. a perfect arch stretched out across the sky, calmly glowing with the brilliance of a new day. i was enthralled.

let the morning bring me word of Your unfailing love.

these words came to mind, as i stood in awe of His creation.


our God is so brilliant (:


and though i felt a nudging urge to blog about this awesome sight when i reached the office, i exercised some restraint. and all the better, since i have more to write now...

His love is truly unfailing. thankfully, for i am in great need of it (:
and He expresses His love in so many so many ways.

how shall i thank Thee? let me count the ways...

* for amazing creation. i don't do anything to deserve it....but He allows me to enjoy it. in a most unexplainable way, nature has a pretty ability to magnetically draw us into its beauty...and our response is intuitive. for His glory and splendor, why not? (:

* for provision. bread in the morning (from breaktalk. yums), a juice-drink treat plus guava from the director during lunch, and a faithful friend who bought me dao-sa-pao and delivered it to my desk.

* for friends. both at work and out of work. and for surprise emails that remind you you're not quite alone in this somewhat dreary journey called work. and for friends who call you to lament about life, and remind you you're not forgotten.

* for parents. who were in the area and graciously agreed to pick me up from work. and they bought me dinner, even when i didn't ask. peanut porridge, wu-tao-gou and chee-cheong-fun. it was a very satisfying treat.

* for work. i never thought i'll say this. but even in the downside of things, He reminds me to keep on keeping on, that He is with me and that the work i do belongs to Him anyway. when the going gets tough, He gets me going.

* for His Word. His revelation. His voice. His truth. His grace. His promises.


unfailing love comes in all shapes and sizes.


Let the morning bring me word of Your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in You.
Show me the way I should go,
for to You I lift up my soul.

psalm 143:8

2 Comments:

Blogger euns said...

hey dear...

just read your post and i can't quite explain how encouraged i am to read it.

i'm massively freaking out abt working life and the impending changes...

so thanks for posting about how in the midst of it all, despite and inspite of everything, God is still worthy to be praised, that He is all we need to go on, and that our hope and joy is in Him alone.

can't wait to meet up. :)

12:56 AM  
Blogger emily said...

hey euns...

yes..i cud tell from ur blog post that you're massively freaking out. but hey, *calm look* there's nothing exceptionally abnormal abt that.. so let your questions, uncertainties, worries and anxieties out ya? (:

its funny how i've been in the 'working world' for a little over a year, yet i still feel so young and lost. (but what's one year compared to like, 20?) there's so much more for me to learn! but its all this uncertainty that God uses to hold me to Himself. i find myself confessing a lot to Him these days, i need You.

like u said, it's learning dependence all over again...but in a very sweet way, despite the occasional tears (:

work has opened my eyes not so much to the 'world' and its 'vices' (i have a rather safe work environment) but really to a God who just never lets go. A God who sees, and knows, and goes before me.

i'm encouraged that you're feeling uncertain--simply because you are grounded in reality. (you've always been my practical eunice). but don't let these uncertainties run ahead of you k? take them as they come.

He'll meet you at every turn.
every single turn.

(:

praying.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home