emily-ish exposure

Life moments...
from the unsuccessful blogger.

Monday, June 25

All.

i'm learning to really enjoy the simple joys of spending time alone.

there is much to be done even while i'm with myself -- deciding what i should eat (always a priority), settling down with a good read, and grinning unabashedly when i come across either a witty line or amusing thought. not forgetting, there's proofs to edit too. of now, my favourite alone-after-work hangout is mac's at science centre (i'm undeniably still a mcdonald's kid at heart)

while i relish the idea of being able to be alone (actually liking it), i'm somewhat uneasy at the thought that this may perhaps be God's way of preparing me for a lifetime of singleness...?? it may seem a far-fetched thought, you think, but really, i do wonder.

i say 'uneasy' and i think my dear readers will understand. this idea, even if it may lovingly be His purpose, has not found a firm resting place within my heart yet.

this 'exercise' in faith (perhaps better known as a struggle) is not a new thing to me. but as i get older and closer to 30(?)--not that any time after this point is unbefitting of marriage--and as i meander my way toward discovering God's heart for me and living passionately at that, this is something that demands sombre consideration. i think the issue will only become real-er and clearer and its certainly not one i shall want to be grappling with in my 40s.


Passion and Purity, in every sense of both words.
the sub-title says 'learning to bring your love life under Christ's control'.
may i suggest 'learning to bring your love life (or the lack of one) under Christ's control'.
surely He is interested in that very difficult surrender (:

elisabeth elliot's P&P, as i gobble it a second time, is challenging me anew.
much of what i've read thus far (5 short chapters) resonates with much of my questions, feelings and fears. have had a few eh...how come sounds just like me... moments already. no doubt, the desire of a possible one year missions stint in the near future is making this read one that is very close to heart.

also, any story that combines love, romance and missions makes for an extremely exciting read. (;

but, at the heart of the most exciting adventure lies the gentle yet fierce question. one that tugs at my heart unceasingly.


Are you willing to give Me all, the whole way?

in Elliot's words, a command to which 'my intellect gives full consent'. yet, it is not to the intellect alone that this question comes. He wants my heart and my feelings. all of it.


What kind of a God is it who asks everything of us? The same God who "...did not spare His own Son, but gave him up for us all; and with this gift how can He fail to lavish upon us all He has to give?"

He gives all.

He asks all.



i shall be at this for a while...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home