emily-ish exposure

Life moments...
from the unsuccessful blogger.

Wednesday, July 18

so good.

it's mid-week (:
and i thought to slow down and think about all the things, both big and small, i could thank God for from the past week or so.

* God's answered prayer on a pertinent ministry concern.
i still feel a certain uncertainty...but i did pray and ask for Him to show the way. after some talk, prayer and waiting, i'm thankful for His provision...and praying He'll continue to show me how, and eventually, when. lead us, dear Lord.

* mel & dotz getting married.
it was quite a highlight for me, partially cos this has been a long-awaited event and partially cos i got to dress up! :p i know..sounds so trivial. but there've been few occasions in the past 3 months that gave me good reason to wear my dresses! it was quite amusing when frankie asked me whether it was tiring/stressful to have to put make-up on for 2 days. (hmm...did i look vexed during the wedding?) on the contrary, it's actually quite fun (: though i still wouldn't choose to make it a daily affair. but frivolities aside, it was a good time catching up with people. i had a few interesting unexpected chats with different people who have decidedly taken a keen interest in my future 'state of affairs'. their concern and prayers for me is most encouraging.

* evangelin's homemade sandwich.
it was a really yummy treat. she popped into work monday morning and offered me a hearty homemade ham sandwich on wholesome ciabata bread. it was incredibly sweet of her. (:

* monday's meeting at MOE.
it ended early *smiles* for some inexplicable reason, all 5 reviewers could not make it, which meant there was less talking. also, the submitted material had few problems and MOE was generally satisfied. hallelujah! (: and i got to go home early. ;p

* Abba's timely reminder on honouring my parents.
a (difficult) lesson i'm learning and re-learning. with the help of the love singapore 40-day guide online, tuesday's lunch hour provided me time to reflect on the many ways i've faltered in this area. it is really a humbling process, but a necessary one. God would not have left me the way i was simply because this is so important to Him. reminded that my feelings are not the determinant of how well i can honour my parents--it is a deliberate obedience, and one that is not conditioned upon my own sentiments or even that of my parents toward me. oh Lord, help me to honour papa and mommy, in thought, in speech and in deed. perhaps in that process, i may then begin to love honouring them.

* tuesday's dinner with limmy.
been awhile since we met, but i'm truly thankful for the chance to catch up and to share about our lives over absolutely divine northern indian cuisine. and very reasonably-priced. if anyone reading is interested in my new-found munch-munch, make a date with me. i'll bring you there (:

* today's teochew-mui lunch.
the warm bowl of porridge and assortment of palatable dishes gelled very well with the drizzly weather. and all this was my director's treat, not to forget a most refreshing starfruit-orange juice and freshly-fried goreng pisang. (the goreng pisang was a monster of a fritter. very scary. but very delicious.)

* the cheese-mousse cake waiting for me in the fridge which mom bought after dinner.
and we've re-stocked our baking supplies. i'm looking forward to baking the walnut brownies with our red-hot water oven (;


it's only mid-week. and so much to thank God for.
He reaches into the big and the small, the important and the trivial.
truly, His goodness and mercies never end.


God is so good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home